Common has announced his follow-up to his 2020 album A Beautiful Revolution to be released in September. This will be the Chicago emcees 14th studio album after 30 years of dropping some of the most groundbreaking albums in hip-hop history.
Last Year, Common dropped A Beautiful Revolution Pt. 1, on Wednesday (August 18), the rapper announced the sequel to the album along with its tracklist. “A Beautiful Revolution Pt. 2 was created with hope and inspiration in mind,” Common said in a statement. “The spirit of the album was meant to emulate what a greater day would sound and feel like."
"We were in the midst of some tough political and socially challenging times. There was still hurt, anger, and pain lingering, so I was thinking, ‘what is the next step in this revolution?’ I thought about what being still in these times had brought me and that was a peace beyond understanding, a greater love for self, a closer connection with God, and more appreciation for my family, friends, and the simple things in life.”
The album features some guest appearances from Jessica Care Moore, Black Thought, Seun Kuti, and Morgan Parker. The album is set to be released on September 10. Check out the tracklist below and be sure to listen to Common’s A Beautiful Revolution Pt. 2.
- Intro (Push Out The Noise) (featuring Jessica Care Moore)
- A Beautiful Chicago Kid (featuring PJ)
- When We Move (featuring Black Thought and Seun Kuti)
- Set It Free (featuring PJ)
- Majesty (Where We Gonna Take It) (featuring PJ)
- Poetry (featuring Marcus King and Isaiah Sharkey)
- Saving Grace (featuring Brittany Howard)
- Star of The Gang (featuring PJ)
- Imagine (featuring PJ)
- Get It Right
- OUTRO (Exclamation Point) (featuring Morgan Parker)